Because people are the only sustainable resource.

Talent Assessments

Having the right people in the right jobs is the essence of business performance. It is, arguably, the most critical ingredient for success. It is key for you as a business owner / manager to ensure you find the “right fit” for each employee. Employees whose talents are recognized, supported and channeled appropriately will excel in their jobs and deliver to you a stellar effort day in day out. The results? Increased revenues and profitability, happy employees, loyal customers, and the crushing of your competition.

By using hard assessment data, we are able to maximize the “fit” between an individual’s talents and competencies and the job he or she is being asked to do.

The Takeaway Point – Distinguish Talent from Skill

An important aspect of a successful job fit process is distinguishing natural talents from skills and knowledge. You want to hire for talent and train for skill. In other words, focus on talent and natural strengths when selecting people for jobs. You can teach them the specific skills they need but you can’t teach talent. And it’s talent that has the bigger impact on performance.

You are responsible for training the hard job skills to do the job (Experts state that this counts for approx. 12% of ensuring job performance and success). LeadersWay ensures you get the other 88%, comprised of the following:

 

What will Talent Selection Assessments tell me about my people?

The value of utilizing talent assessments is that you will have an unbiased assessment that reveals:

  • The behaviors people will bring to the job
  • The values that motivate them to do a job
  • Whether they have the specific talents–or attributes–needed for the job (we call this the “horsepower” or “octane” people bring to the job).
  • Opportunities and areas for further development

When should I use Talent Assessments?

Ask yourself the following:

  • Will I have to make changes to my staff in order to meet our company goals a year from now?
  • Have I ever been disappointed with the performance of an employee who I thought was the best person for the job?
  • Have I ever lost revenue or a customer due to the poor performance of anyone on my team?
  • Do I wish there was a way to accelerate the time it takes for my managers to become effective on the job?

Talent assessments enable you to make the best decision possible when aiming to hire, promote, and/or effectively manage the most talented individuals available. The assessments can be used for a multitude of business applications, including:

  • Job Benchmarking
  • Talent Selection
  • Employee Coaching
  • Employee Development
  • Performance Appraisals
  • Succession Planning
  • Organization Development

 

   
Copyright © 2011 LeadersWay. All rights reserved.

Switch to our mobile site